1. Is alcohol banned?
No. You may bring your beverage of choice on the Comal River or the Guadalupe River below Gruene Bridge into New Braunfels. We encourage all visitors to act responsibly and help keep our rivers clean and safe!
2. Is there a person I can talk to about all this?
Sure! Contact any of our city’s outfitters. They’ll have up-to-the-minute information about river flows, rules, parking, and more.
3. What should I wear while I’m floating?
We recommend your swimsuit, suitable footwear, sunscreen, your life jacket, and a smile!
4. What about hydration?
You’re going to be out for a while and a lot of that time you’ll be in the sun. Liquids are your friend.
5. Can I litter?
6. Can I get out of river onto private property?
7. I can’t swim. Should I jump into a natural, flowing river?
8. Can I bring glass or foam stuff to New Braunfels’ parks and rivers?
9. I really like having broken legs. Can I jump off area bridges, trees, or other natural or manmade things into the river or onto the ground?
10. How can I find out about how to enjoy the rivers safely?
Area outfitters will provide you with a safety briefing before you head out.
11. I’m not so sure I’m gonna be able to do this…
Please consider any age or physical limitations you or others in your party may have before entering our rivers.
12. What about lifejackets?
Lifejackets are always available. Just ask.
13. I want to bring my kids. What about that?
Kids are welcome. We recommend Sundays and/or weekdays as KID FRIENDLY DAYS!
14. Are the rivers always the same?
No. The Comal River and Guadalupe River are all natural. That is, river flow, length of float trips, age cutoffs, and more can change daily due to weather and other circumstances. Check with an outfitter for the latest information.
15. Can I bring a keg on the river?
Yes. A keg is not considered a volume drinking device, therefore it would be permitted on the water. Do not consume directly from the keg.
16. How do I get alcoholic beverages to the rivers? Isn’t alcohol banned in some City parks?
Some City parks prohibit alcohol. That said, if you need to cross one of these parks on the way to a river, you must have any alcoholic beverages in closed containers BEFORE you enter the park. Open beverages in the park or on the banks of the river is not allowed.
17. Are pets allowed on the rivers in New Braunfels?
There are no local ordinances prohibiting pets on the Comal or Guadalupe Rivers in New Braunfels. However, independent river outfitters may have their own rules regarding animals on their property, equipment, or shuttles. Please check with your outfitter before bringing your pet along! Remember that hot vehicles can become deadly for animals, so you can’t leave yours waiting while you float.