The riverbanks are lined with outfitters who specialize in equipping river-hungry patrons with everything they’ll need to have a fun – and safe – time on the water. Most offer air-conditioned shuttle service back from the public toobing exits as well. Tube floats in New Braunfels take several hours, so be prepared for a full day of relaxation and fun in the Texas sun!
Need to know before you go:
- River Outfitters include in your rental:
- Tube with or without bottom
- File a “float plan” with friends and/or family
- Footwear is very important
- Sunscreen is a must and don’t forget to reapply
- Keep the River Clean by using non-disposable containers inside the City Limits
- By carrying a cooler no larger than 16 Ounces per person you will be able to easily exit the river.
- For information outside the City Limits click here
- Glass and Polystyrene are prohibited on all State of Texas Waterways
- Carry $2 to tube and you will be a part of preserving our beautiful Comal River.
In an effort to offset the cost of keeping New Braunfels’ rivers sparkling clean, an additional $2 City River Management Fee is collected on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays. This fee goes to additional garbage collection, recycling, and park management. It is added on top of any entry and rental fees charged by New Braunfels river outfitters.
Visitors are welcome to park at Prince Solms Park. There is a $20 fee for parking between May 1st and Labor Day.
Those wishing to make the most of a weekend are invited to visit our list of local lodging options. Stay and play, because you’re sure to have a great time… in New Braunfels.
Places to go:
Places to stay:
Places to dine:
Things to do: